Alagasco is committed to providing you with natural gas efficiently, reliably, and above all, safely.
When used properly, natural gas is one of the safest and most reliable forms of energy available.
Did you know:
- Due to the physical characteristics of natural gas, it is safer than alternative forms of energy.
- Natural gas is lighter than air, so in the event of a leak, it will dissipate quickly.
- According to statistics from the National Transportation Safety Board, natural gas pipelines and mains are among the safest methods of transporting energy products.
- Alagasco provides employees with First Aid, CPR and other forms of emergency training.
- Every Alagasco location has a Safety Committee and monthly safety meetings with employees.
While it is our job to provide you with natural gas safely, we also want to encourage you, the customer, to properly maintain and safely operate your natural gas appliances.
For that reason, we mail a Natural Gas Safety Tips brochure twice a year with information on natural gas and natural gas appliances.
We update this information regularly to adhere to national guidelines. Please take some time to read through it, and know that this safety information is always available at www.alagasco.com. You can also contact us 24 hours a day at 1-800-292-4008.