Picture this…your family approaches you one night after dinner. They have done their research and know exactly what they plan to tell you. They know you are not an easy sell, so they have prepared accordingly. Charts, graphs, quotes from all the experts—they are ready to sell you on a tankless water heater. As they go through all the benefits—heats water as you need it, longer life cycle, uses less space and is more efficient, which will save you money—you realize they are right. You need a tankless water heater! Now where should you begin?
Here are a few things to consider when shopping:
- To choose the right tankless water heater for your home, consider your hot water demands. Think about simultaneous water usage needs – how much hot water do you need in various parts of your house at the same time? The average tankless water heater can operate up to three residential fixtures simultaneously, depending on the demand for hot water.
- Natural gas tankless water heaters have an Energy Factor around 0.80 which means that they are highly efficient, saving you energy and money.
- Comparison shop. Make sure to get several price and installation quotes.
- Select a reliable contractor. Ask your contractor if he or she installs and services the products. Click here to locate an Alagasco Gas Advantage Contractor.
- Find a retailer you trust. Let us help you find the right place.
Still have questions? Ask us in the comments!