Summer is here, and that means family vacations, backyard grills and the sound of kids playing outdoors. It can also mean piles of wet beach towels, sweaty sporting gear and grass-stained play clothes to wash.
DON’T LET LAUNDRY PUT A DAMPER ON YOUR SUMMER
When you have loads of laundry to do, and no reprieve until the kids go back to school in the fall, you’ll want a natural gas dryer in your laundry room.
Why? Natural gas dryers:
- Can dry your clothes faster than electric dryers.
- Can save you up to 48 hours of drying time a year – that’s like getting the equivalent of six days of vacation.
- Cost much less to operate than electric dryers.
- Are better for the environment, producing half the carbon emissions as electric dryers.
SAVE TIME AND MONEY WITH THESE SUMMER LAUNDRY TIPS
- Always wash and dry full loads. Washing one large load takes less energy than two small or medium loads.
- If you wash smaller loads, be sure to change the water level setting appropriately.
- Wash clothes in cold water whenever possible.
- Dry loads back-to-back to take advantage of the heated drum.
- Dry towels and heavier cottons in a separate load from lighter-weight clothes.
- Don’t over-dry clothes. Over-drying uses more energy, which costs you more and causes static cling.
- Clean the lint filter in the dryer after every load. A clogged filter restricts air flow and reduces dryer performance.
For rebate and deals on natural gas dryers, visit www.alagasco.com.
Alagasco, your natural gas partner, provides clean, energy efficient natural gas to approximately 437,000 homes, businesses and industries in central and north Alabama. To report a gas leak, a line break, or any other gas service emergency, please call 1-800-292-4008. For other inquiries about your account, service or billing, you can reach us via email or phone.