Let’s talk energy efficiency. Usually, if the amount of your energy bill starts to creep up, it is easy to blame Mother Nature. But… what if it was as simple as buying a tube of caulk and sealing your windows? Over time your home may need just a few improvements that can make a big difference in your energy bill. How do you know what improvements to make? That’s where our friends at EcoThree come-in…
EcoThree is a local team of experts that specializes in helping homeowners make their homes more comfortable, while lowering heating and cooling expenses. EcoThree’s accredited professionals (certified by the Building Performance Institute- BPI) use sophisticated tools that measure temperature fluctuation and energy usage in a comprehensive Home Energy & Comfort Evaluation. They then provide you with a written evaluation and consultation that helps you prioritize what you can do to make your house more efficient and comfortable, focusing on what will have the biggest impact on your comfort and wallet first.
An EcoThree representative will come to your home and use state-of-the-art technology to gather information about your home’s energy usage:
- Inspect all HVAC systems, foundation, roof, roof vents, windows, siding and storm water drainage
- Collect information about the interior of your home including lighting, appliances, safety issues, general construction information, crawl space, basement and bathroom ventilation
- Inspect the attic for mold, mildew, exposed wiring, ventilation, insulation type and amount and ductwork system air leaks
- Examine appliances, such as your water heater, range/oven and heating system, making sure the systems are in good working order and venting properly
- Perform a blower door test to expose air leaks around windows, entry doors, baseboards and crown molding. Then, sources of air leaks can be captured with infrared cameras.
Here’s the best part!!!!!
EcoThree is offering Alagasco customers a discounted price of $195 for a complete energy evaluation. Regular price is $225. And, any home improvements you want EcoThree to make after the evaluation can be put on your Alagasco bill (subject to credit approval).
How do I know if an energy evaluation is right for me?
Visit EcoThree on Facebook and take their fast, free Home Survey. Just answer a few simple questions about your home and your energy usage, and they’ll let you know if an evaluation could make your home more comfortable and save you money.
How do I take advantage of this special offer?
To take advantage of this offer, simply call EcoThree at (205) 314-3500 and make your appointment today. Be sure to mention that you are an Alagasco customer. When they arrive at your home, show them a current Alagasco bill, and they will give you the discount on the spot.
For more information about EcoThree and the services they provide, go to eco-three.com or call (205) 314-3500.